Oct 8, 2008

Writing Like a Mad Woman

I feel bad that I have been neglecting my blog lately, but I do have a few excuses.

1) My husband's 50th birthday was last week and I threw him a surprise party. What a chore. We held it at our restaurant and the best part, besides him not finding out, was that his dad and step-mom came from New Mexico to see him. He hadn't seen them for almost eight years, so it was great seeing the look on his face and a room full of tears. His sister also came from Oregon with her husband, which was just as wonderful. Fortunately we get to see them more often.

2) I've been writing like a mad woman. I am 65,000 words into my second young adult novel, "Healing the Heart". I estimate another six or seven chapters and I will be ready to start the major rewrites and editing. I still haven't heard from the agent that expressed interest in representing me, but its only been a few weeks. Hopefully, no news, is good news. I don't know exactly what the process is, but invision her in a board room full of other agents pitching me as a 'good risk'.

3) Okay, this one is the least important of all . . . I'm just plain lazy. Most of the time I can't think of anything to write. I go to work and come home, that is about it. Nothing major going on in my life and I'm a boring person. I'm not a big political person and I don't feel the need to express myself on every issue that headlines the local newspaper, so . . . in other words, I keep my head in the sand most of the time. Guess I should pull it out once in a while, right?

Well, those are my excuses. Take them or leave them. Perhaps I should have another contest soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take em! They're good enough for me!

    I'm way impressed at how much you've been writing. That's beyond awesome Christine! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete