Mar 15, 2011

TAG! You're It! - Tuesday

Welcome to  
TAG! You're It! - Tuesday
where I ask the questions and my guests answer them.  

But that's not all, my guest also gets to tag my next victim. 
This week, Elana Johnson has been tagged . . .  
by last week's Ali Cross.


Wow! Coming up with a question to ask you was not easy, especially when you're involved in so many projects. I could ask you how to write a query or submit it through Querytracker.net. OR I could ask about the upcoming WRITE ON CON. But instead, I think I'll take this to a more personal level and ask you about your writing career and soon to be released debut novel, POSSESSION. So, here we go. 

I know you submitted like crazy, receiving more than 300 rejections, so there must have been a time when you wanted to quit. Looking back, what do you feel was the driving force behind not giving up on your writing?

Pure stubbornness. I’m like a pit bull. Once I sink my teeth into something, I don’t let go.

Also, when thinking about your future as a published author, what defining moment are you most looking forward to?

I’m really looking forward to going into my local Barnes & Noble, a store I frequent often, and seeing MY BOOK staring back at me from the shelf. I can’t imagine that, and I won’t know what it feels like until it happens. But I think it’s going to be a defining moment for me.

And then, if you want, I'd really love for you to brag a little about your book and tell us when and where we can get our own copy, which I'm really looking forward to holding in my hot little hand.

I don’t even know how to brag about it! It’s a great book? Ha! POSSESSION is available everywhere in North America on June 7, 2011. There are some ARCs floating around out there, so I guess just be on the lookout for those giveaways. It’ll come out in France and the French Canadian market in September, 2011, with the same cover. It’s also sold in Poland, but a release date has yet to be set for that. 

A Little About Elana:
Elana Johnson’s debut novel, Possession, will be published by Simon Pulse (Simon & Schuster) on June 7, 2011. Her popular ebook, From the Query to the Call, is also available for download. School teacher by day, Query Ninja by night, you can find her online at her personal blog or Twitter. She also co-founded the Query Tracker blog and contributes to the League of Extraordinary Writers. Elana is represented by Michelle Andelman of Regal Literary.


And now it's time for Elana to TAG a friend.  
Christine Fonseca,
TAG!  You're It!

Come back next Tuesday to see if Christine accepts the challenge and to see if you've been tagged.


14 comments:

  1. Hmmm...pit bull lessons. That's my next goal. Um, anyone have an ARC laying around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elana is full of awesome. I can't wait for her book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for Elana's book! I'm not sure if I have the pit bull in me, but my high school mascot was the boxer. That could work, couldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elana - I'm doing the happy dance for you!!! Plus, I love your answer about being like a pit bull. Determination is the key! And you are such a good example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elana, you may not know this but you hit a critical point for me in my novel at a conference last year about my story's problem needing a stronger consequence. Thank you for that.
    When I feel my teeth slipping, I will think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this book. It sounds amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "It's a great book?" Ha. It's a super awesome book, Elana. Go Team Jag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY, Christine accepted the challenge. So happy about that.

    Thanks Elana for hanging out on my blog today. I can't wait to read your book and see you at conference.

    And a HUGE thanks to everyone who commented. I love my followers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elena, I love what you said about seeing your book on the shelf in your local bookstore. I can't wait to hear from you what that feels like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a great TAG, Christine and Elana! Of course ya'll already know what I think about POSSESSION. But I'll tell ya anyway! It R.O.C.K.S!!!! That is all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Magical Blog Award.

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.

    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete