Dec 29, 2010

Book Review - Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy
By Kiersten White

Genre: YA Paranormal
Pages: 352


Back Cover:
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours. 

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures. 

So much for normal. 


My Review:
I absolutely loved this book. It's the first one I've read on my new Kindle and the only problem I can see with that is that I loved reading Paranormalcy so much that I want to run out and buy the hardcover. And skeptics are worried that e-book sales will kill the printed versions. Not hardly. At least not for the books that are worth collecting. And this one is definitely worth collecting.


I'm not real sure what to tell you about Paranormalcy because I don't want to give too much away. I do love the concept of Evie working for a "paranormal containment" agency. I think that's cool. It gives a whole new perspective of all paranormals. I also love Lend and the fact that Evie can see him for what he really is. (Can't give that part away, sorry.) Reth, the fairie, is a jerk. No question there. He thinks because Evie dated him once, that now he owns her. NOT! She'll get even with him in the next book, if there is one. Oh, I hope there is a sequel. I haven't heard anything about that yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


All in all, I would say this is on the top of my list of ultimate favorites EVER. So run out and get it. You won't be disappointed. Go HERE to buy it for your Kindle or to order the hardcover.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great book. excellent review. this one is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've made me want to run right out and get this! Happy New Year, Christine!

    ReplyDelete