Sep 7, 2010

Back To Work

First day of school and boy is the house quiet. All summer I've craved having the house to myself so I could truly get into that writing zone that I love so much, but now that it's here, it feels foreign to me. I hope I can get into the swing of things again soon. So here's an update on what I'm working on (you can also click on any of the tabs above to find out more about the stories):

THE CRYSTOR - YA Paranormal Romance at 103,000 words is complete and currently being queried to agents. I've done a ton of work on this MS this summer, cutting over 20,000 words and reworking both the beginning and the end. I'm so happy with the results.This is the first of a trilogy (the second book is roughed out, but needs some work.) I've sent it out to several readers and had it critiqued and the consensus is that it ROCKS!!  YAY!

AQUATARA - YA Paranormal Romance currently at 34,000 words. I estimate it will be around 95,000 when complete. I have the whole thing roughed out actually, but am only counting the polished words. This is the one I'm currently working on. I think mermaids are going to be the next big thing, so am hoping this book will sell well. I have plans for three other books to go along with this. All stand alone.

FOREVER IN MY HEART - LDS Romance currently at 54,000 words. This one is also estimated to be around 95,000 and is roughed out to the end. For those of you who went to the LDStorymakers Conference last April, this is the one that took first place in the Women's Fiction/Romance category. I hope to get this done as soon as Aquatara is ready to query.


I also have a YA Paranormal that I just started. It's about a teenager who is glad to be dead because she hates her chubby body. I know it sounds morbid, but it's actually funny and deals with self image. And yes, it has a moral and a great ending. But for now, it's on the back burner until I can get the rest done and hopefully find that awesome agent.

So, what are you working on? Do you have anything close to being queried or published?

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to have the final rounds of feedback and rewrites done on Saints & Spies in the next six weeks. (Oh, would you have time to take another look at it?)

    I'm developing the characters and doing some background research for my next project, which I want to get hopping on this month.

    And I'm editing a short story for a contest. I wrote it really quickly, and had so much fun! I haven't drafted much lately, so it was a great reminder how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like terrific projects, Christine! Good luck getting back into your routine. I'm revising my novel, then I'll start working on a novella called "Renegade." Best of luck with the queries.

    ReplyDelete