Mar 14, 2010

Computer Malfunction

Okay, so for those of you who are computer illiterate, like me, the picture to your left is of a motherboard. This complicated piece of computer technology has just put a major cramp in my writing life, which may include posting blogs on my computer. We had a major power outage Saturday morning and for some reason it fried the motherboard in my desktop computer. We're not sure yet if the hard drive is damaged or not.

Right now I'm forced to use an old laptop that has its own list of major issues, so life in the Bryant home is a little stressful right now, 'cause we all know, if Momma's not happy, NOBODY is happy.

The good thing is that I backed up all my writing on a USB memory stick. The bad news is that all the really cool photos and art that I have collect was NOT backed up. Neither was a bunch of other stuff I'm going to miss terribly.

So . . . please be patient over the next few days and keep you fingers crossed that I can retrieve all my data. I'll do my best to keep up with my blog and Facebook activities, but no promises.

Thanks to all my wonderful blog followers and writing buddies for your love and support.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. Computers are such a pain! I really hope you can retrieve all your data. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathize! I dropped my computer last year and paid through the nose to recover my photos and other files. I now back up to an external drive on a regular basis. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that things are fried. =[ Crossin' my fingers that everything will be all right and that your data will be safely recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling you pain. :S

    I had something similar happen when lightning struck the power pole in front of my house. Fried the power supply and the motherboard on my computer. And it was so obsolete, I couldn't even get a motherboard to replace it. Fortunately, since it was weather related, my homeowners insurance covered it.

    So I got a shiny new computer out of it, and though I couldn't get it to boot from the old hard drive, I was at least able to plug it in to the new computer and access it as a storage drive to get all my stuff off of it.

    All my photos of my kids were on there, not backed up. It was a very stressful couple of weeks. And like you, I was forced to work on a crappy old laptop with all kinds of issues. Now I back up everything. Obsessively.

    I hope everything works out okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya. It is a good thing you backed up your files! Good luck, it isn't fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having Christine withdrawals. I'm just sayin'.

    Get better soon Puter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my stars! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Talk about tense. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That S U C K S! I feel for you!

    I'm happy to read you at least have your writing stuff saved elsewhere. Smart cookie. ;)

    ReplyDelete