Feb 18, 2009

My Hero

My husband loves to cook. It hasn't always been that way. In the earlier years of our marriage, I did most of the cooking with him stepping in only when the BBQer had to be fired up. That is a man's duty and women don't touch a man's BBQ. Or at least that's the way it is at our house. Anyway, at some point, he gradually started taking over most of the cooking duties around the house and I have to admit I'm loving it. As you can see by the stains on his shirt in this picture, he'd been out staining the deck for hours and stopped to come in and cook dinner. BUT WAIT, that's not all. He has been known to not only do laundry, but fold it and put it away. I am definitely spoiled rotten.

Just recently, I've been the victim of several random events that have forced me to stay home (flood in our kitchen, abscessed tooth & a car accident, among others) which has kept me from working in our restaurant. When it was time for me to return, my hero of a husband put his foot down and said, "Nope, it's your turn." I've been helping with his dream of owning his own establishment for almost 20 years and now he wants me to chase my dream of being a writer. So, here I sit at my friendly computer, with more time on my hands than I know what to do with. The past few weeks have been a dream come true and even though I have a lot yet to do before being considered for publication, I'm well on my way.

And, yes dear. I have time to make chocolate chip cookies now and will try not to burn them into little meteorites. Hmmmmm. Maybe that's why he's cooking????

No comments:

Post a Comment