Feb 27, 2015

Know Your Value

As I watched the season finale of Marvel's Agent Carter, the main character, Peggy, said something that made me think about how we see ourselves and how we often let others devalue us by their words and actions.

After Peggy saved millions of people from death, someone else was given the credit and her colleague thought she should set things straight. Peggy turned to him and said, "I know my value. Everyone else's opinion doesn't matter."

How wonderful to have such confidence. That is my goal--to know my own value. To be able to say, "I am of great worth." And mean it. To not let others influence me and my life's work because they may think I'm less than I should be or that I'm not good enough.

I don't need to be a best selling author to know I am a great storyteller and that others enjoy my books. I don't need friends and family to stroke my ego to know that I have God given talents that make me unique and that I have every right to share those talents with others.  And I certainly don't need to be a size 4 to love my body and not let the number on a scale define me. I am a daughter of God and he created me for a purpose. That alone should give me the strength to stand tall and confident in the storm of criticism and negativity.

I truly believe that each one of us can overcome anything that is thrown at us if we just remember who we are and that we have value. Be strong, my friends. YOU are of GREAT WORTH!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment