Nov 21, 2013

Things Are Finally Looking Up

I just love this time of year with the colorful leaves and excitement for the holidays. While everything outside is preparing for the winter chill, I find myself fighting the urge to hibernate. It would be so easy to curl up with a good book and a warm cup of hot chocolate and let the winter months pass, but I have better things to do.

Like WRITE!!!

So, I'm absorbing as much sunlight as I can get as it filters through my dirty windows and cranking up the tunes. It's time to get this book done.

I'm sure you'll all agree that it's about time. I'm currently a little over 3/4 of the way finished with BELOVED and hope to have it done mid-December. Of course it will have to go through edits and formatting, but I feel confident in saying it should be ready for a late January/early February release. I wish I could give an exact date, but until it is finished and I know for sure that my editor can squeeze it into her busy schedule, I can't be more specific.

In the meantime, some good news to go around. The most recent CT scan showed that all the blood clots in my lungs are GONE!!!  YIPPEE!!!  Can't tell you have happy I am about that.  The right side of my heart is still enlarged, but is smaller than it was in the last CT, so they're hopeful for a full recovery. I'm still on meds and oxygen, which sucks, but I'll do whatever it takes to get back on my feet.

Oh, and I'm feeling MUCH better in the depression department. Trying to be positive and do things that make me happy. It helps that my prognosis has improved and that I'm writing again.

And for heaven's sake, I really need to blog more often. Sheesh.

Later!!

HUGS

10 comments:

  1. Yay! This makes me so happy to hear! :) I'm glad you're doing better, madam! x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great NEWS! I'm very very VERY happy for you, your sure deserve it, about time for things to come around in your life :) keep up improving, i hope the next time you say your completely recovered :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing news!!! So glad you're feeling and doing better. I cannot wait to read Beloved!!! Keep up the good work and hope you continue to heal not just your body but your soul!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that both your physical and mental health are improving! Can't wait to read the rest of your book. Maybe trying a full spectrum lamp to simulate sunshine can help, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear that both your physical and mental health are improving! Can't wait to read the rest of your book. Maybe trying a full spectrum lamp to simulate sunshine can help, too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you're doing better!!! I know that physical health can go a long way toward helping with the mental health as well (personal experience talking here)! Can't wait to read Beloved!! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God, Christine! So glad to hear the good report on your health...and the book as well. Love and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know you were ill!!!! I am so happy to hear that you are on the mend. I will pray that you will have a complete recovery. :) Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you're better! Who knows, maybe your experience will inspire you to write something! Bad things can sometimes have good in them!

    ReplyDelete