Apr 11, 2012

J . . . Jealousy

We've all been there. Someone has something we want. A new car. A handsome boyfriend. More money. They're smarter, prettier, skinnier & their hair is always perfect. Why can't we have all those things and be better at what we do? And then there's that nagging question . . .

Why am I not good enough?

Well, guess what? You ARE good enough.

Being jealous of others' only hurts us in the long run. We spend so much time looking at what we don't have, that we forget to see what we DO have. Each of us is special in our own way and have gifts we should share with the world. So you're not Einstein. Who cares. Your talent might be that you're an awesome friend or great listener. I, for one, would rather have a loyal friend who can listen to me when I'm down, then sit in a room with a boring know-it-all.

So embrace your gifts, no matter how small you may think they are. Just being YOU is enough. Being YOU is wonderful, glorious and amazing.

And I love you just the way you are.

2 comments:

  1. This is a tough one. I try not to let the green eyed monster get me, but he's persistent. But so unconstructive.
    Great post and happy A-Z blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try and remind myself that each of us is different and therefore unique to our gifts.

    ReplyDelete