Dec 30, 2011

Book Review - Transcendent

Transcendent, Tales of the Paranormal, is a collection of short stories from some of the newest names in YA fiction; Rita J. Webb, Melanie Marks, Lani Woodland, Wendy Swore, Melonie Piper, Heather McCubbin & Evan Joseph.


What it's about: 
Discover the secrets of a siren, fly with a hawk girl over the mountains of Montana, and flee supernatural party-crashers as the décor comes to life in this magical journey through paranormal stories. 

Along the way, watch for ghosts in a haunted house, or ride through the moonlight with a stranger. Save a comatose boy who has lost his soul, and don’t forget to bring your garlic and wolfsbane—you never know when the shadows will snag you. 

Transcendent includes eight stories of magic, love, death, and choice by some of the newest names in young adult fiction.


Purchase it now for only 99 cents, HERE!
Enter a FABTABULOUS contest and drawing HERE!
Read all the RAVING reviews HERE!


My Thoughts:
What a wonderful treat! I'm not a huge short story fan and can't write one to save my life, so I was a little leery to read this book in the beginning. However, I'm so glad I did. From beginning to end, I was totally captivated by these stories, each unique and reflective of the authors own style and imagination. My favorite has to be Wendy Swores about the homecoming dance. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. LOVED. IT.

The other stories also kept my interest and were very enjoyable. I loved having little snippets to entertain me as I found pieces of time throughout my day to read. I highly recommend this anthology to anyone who likes to have the living crap scared out of them and who enjoys an old-fashioned spooky story.

Don't forget to sign up for the contest above.

No comments:

Post a Comment