Apr 19, 2011

TAG! You're It! - Tuesday


Welcome to  
TAG! You're It! - Tuesday
where I ask the questions and my guests answer them.  

But that's not all, my guest also gets to tag my next victim. 
This week, Stacy Henrie has been tagged . . .  

by last week's Ali Cross.


My Questions:

I'm a HUGE fan of romance, but I've never been able to get into the historical novels that have become so popular. I'm curious. What is it about the past that appeals to you? 

I love “experiencing” by-gone eras through books – the way people lived and dressed and thought and struggled. I think human emotion is the same whether you live today or 150 years ago, but people back then dealt with different situations and challenges, and I enjoy reading about those.

What is your favorite era? 

I would probably say Victorian (1837-1901), but a close second would be around the First World War (1914-1918), which I’ve been researching the last couple of years. By then many people had cars and electricity.

And where do you see yourself living when you dream of traveling back in time? Why?

I just need a time machine, then I could try out a different era for a week or a month before returning to normal life and all its wonderful modern conveniences.
I’ve secretly always wanted to attend a Victorian ball with the gorgeous dresses and waltzes and richly decorated ballrooms. I’d love to ride a train headed to the great wide west or take a stagecoach. And because I love England and its scenery, I’ve dreamt of living on an English country estate in the latter half of the 19th century. Of course, I wouldn’t mind living there now either!

More About Stacy: Stacy Henrie graduated with a bachelor’s degree in public relations and wrote press materials for a national nonprofit company before focusing on her own writing. Stacy combines her love of history and faith-filled characters in inspirational historical romances. Besides writing and blogging, she enjoys reading, interior decorating, digital scrapbooking, and laughing with her family. She resides near Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband and three children.



And now it's time for Stacy to TAG a friend.  

Jenn Wilks
TAG!  You're It! 

Come back next Tuesday to see if Jenn accepts the challenge and to see if you've been tagged.
 *********
And now, because I'm participating in the A-Z Blogfest,
I bring you the letter

Patience

“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”  - Author unknown
 
What are you waiting for? Hoping for?
 

3 comments:

  1. Patience is definately something I need more of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christine (and Ali) for the tag! It was lots of fun thinking about and answering your questions.

    Love the quote about patience. When the going's hard and slow - yes, that is patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to meet Stacy. I love that era, as well! Thanks for the cute quote. :)

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete