Apr 29, 2010

Gone Country

I've been trying to decide which book to work on these past few days and I think I've decided to finish my LDS Romance first. It probably has the best chance of being accepted by a publisher, so what the heck.

It's been so long since I've worked on it though, that I've had to do a complete 180 degree spin to get my muse in the right frame of mind. Since the story is about a country western singer, I've pulled up the playlist I created while working on it. Talk about putting a person in the mood. I've been so into hip hop and rock lately, it feels weird to listen to something else, especially country. I feel like plucking a piece of straw from the neighbors bale, sticking it between my teeth and yelling, YEE HAW!!!

So, in celebration of my muse finding her country self, here is a song from my playlist. Can I just say Jake Owen is adorable? Enjoy the video and the music. And if you're not a country fan, I apologize.

9 comments:

  1. More about your romance (I missed the more.) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your romance! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I LOVE country!
    Good luck getting your romance muse back!
    Sweeeet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeee Haaaw! I will always be a little bit country myself. Can't wait to see the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone who does live in the country--on a farm even-- I'm happy to see any book that brings kids a little closer to their roots. I think it sounds great. Good luck in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm not exactly a country fan, but once in a while I do have the urge to yodel. :)

    Thanks for a good post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I now totally need to make playlists for all of my WIPs. That's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little bit country. Sounds like a great book to me. Go for it Christine. Get that muse in gear.;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post! I just sent off my book for editing again and now will have time to work on my wip. It's in a totally different voice and frame of mind. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

    Great video.

    ReplyDelete