Feb 16, 2010

Tagalong Tuesday

I love sharing all these goodies with my friends and I have a wonderful variety for you today. I enjoy reading everyone's blog. It's so uplifting and inspiring. Hope you enjoy today's selection.



***My daughter worked at Putnam going through the slush pile a few summers back. She told people her official job title was: Dream Crusher.
A lot of agents could also put this on their business cards. (Janette Rallison - Rejection Contest)

***As writers, it can be very gratifying to pull one over on your readers. But it’s even more gratifying if you’ve surprised them despite the foreshadowing and clues you’ve planted throughout your story. (Jordan McCollum - Surprise- and Betrayal)

***I'm on the hunt for that healthy, slim body I use to have. I lost it somewhere between my kids graduating from high school and my becoming a grandma. (Kathi Oram Peterson - Hunting for a Healthy Body)

***There is no better feeling than being a part of a family. Even on days when I'm frustrated or angry, I wouldn't give up my family for anything.I'm not just talking about my husband and kids, although, I love them more than anything and anyone in the world and they are the center of my world. (Nichole Giles - ...I Love My Family)

***Ok, whatever, that's my alter ego speaking. I'm actually very timid and scared to death of submitting my work. The reason? Take a guess... it's only one word.
You're right. Rejection. The fear of rejection is almost paralyzing. (Autumn Ables - I Can Do This. Just Breathe)

***I've been thinking a lot lately about creativity and inspiration. Where does it come from? What are the best ways to channel it? How do you find it again when it's gone? (Jenn Johannson - Funny Inspiration)

13 comments:

  1. This is cool! Though, I better watch what I write...it may up here! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- I'm registering for Storymakers the end of this month! C=ya then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for quoting me! I feel all... important now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Mangum said something like Rebecca's daughter at the conference last weekend (okay, so she told the audience her brother told her to use the term, but still!) Rejections are rough, but after taking a bit of time to wail and cry, hopefully they spear us on to keep trying.

    Great quotes, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotations, Christine! I'm so happy to be among them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are excellent! I LOVE Janette's ~ way funny :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you do this! It's fun getting a little peek into what is on everyone's blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this is way cool! Kudos to you for doing something so original! I really enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun quotes. You even managed to pull me off Twitter to read them. Way to go with the ingeniousness of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for using a quote from my blog. (I'm setting the chocolate down and licking my fingers.) ;) Great idea for a post! Now to find that healthy body, yeah right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are awesome, Christine. And so creative. Thanks for quoting me, and for the linkage.

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! And I totally identify with the last two.

    ReplyDelete