Jan 2, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy


After reading Karen's blog yesterday (My Friendly Friday guest), it got me thinking about all the good things in life I should be happy about and what makes me smile. So here's a few of the things I came up with.

1 - I love to hear a baby giggle. Nothing makes me smile wider than that little giggle that starts at their toes and radiates up through every part of their body until if finally escapes, making all the tiny rolls of baby fat jiggle at the same time. What a wonderful sound.

2 - Seeing a young girl twirling in her new dress, spinning around and around, laughing and singing until she's dizzy, then watching her try to catch her balance and walk straight. That makes me smile.

3 - The look on my son's face when he discovers something new and wonderful. His eyes widen and his mouth gapes open. What a hoot.

4 - I love when my husband sends me a text out of the blue and just says "I love you."

5 - Making friends. I have had a hard time making friends in the past and lately, I've made a ton online and in person. This past year has been filled with meeting my writing buddies down in Utah for fun stuff and chatting online. I'm rich! I'm rich!

6 - And just this one more thing. It makes me so happy when I feel the spirit of the Lord confirm something in my heart. This has to be the most wonderful feeling ever, to know I'm on the right path and doing exactly as the Lord would have me do.

So, what makes you happy? What things are you grateful for?

I'd like to share this old song with you. My husband has it as the ring tone on his phone and I love it. Please try to be positive and find the good things in life that make you happy. Dwelling on the sad things will only bring sorrow and pain. Just....don't worry....be happy.

4 comments:

  1. I have always loved this song! Music makes me happy, hearing my children laugh, getting a hug from them even in front of their friends, being able to laugh with a friend, with my husband--all these things bring me joy!

    Thanks Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father always said the best answer to the question, "How are you?" is "Happy!" And you know what? It is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know sweetie that has been my motto my entire life! I do love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this, Christine. I have a habit of focusing on all that is wrong in my life instead of what makes me happy.

    I'm happy that I found the love of my life and he loves me just the way I am!

    ReplyDelete