Sep 18, 2009

Woman, the Ultimate Creation


I've recently been reading, "Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul" by John & Stasi Eldridge. I picked it up thinking I would enjoy a little light reading, but have been totally engulfed by its uplifting and positive references to what a woman is all about. I want to share a little bit of it with you here, in reference to the creation of Eve.

"It is nearing the end of the sixth day, the end of the Creator's great labor, as Adam steps forth, the image of God, the triumph of his work. He alone is pronounced the son of God. Nothing in creation even comes close. Truly, the masterpiece seems complete. And yet, the Master says that something is not good, not right. Something is missing . . . and that something is Eve.

"She is the crescendo, the final, astonishing work of God. Woman. In one last flourish creation comes to a finish not with Adam, but with Eve. She is the Master's finishing touch.

"Given the way creation unfolds, how it builds to ever higher and higher works of art, can there be any doubt that Eve is the crown of creation? Not an afterthought. Not a nice addition like an ornament on a tree. She is God's final touch, his piece de resistance. She fills a place in the world nothing and no one else can fill.

"Think of it. The world is young and completely unstained. Adam is yet in his innocence and full of glory. He walks with God. Nothing stands between them. They share something none of us has ever known, only longed for: an unbroken friendship, untouched by sin. Yet something is not good? Something is missing? What could it possibly be? Eve. Woman. Femininity. Wow. Talk about significant."

I can't tell you what comfort this gave me when I read it. I, Christine Bryant, have worth. I am a woman and am held in high esteem by my Father in Heaven.

This week, when you look in the mirror every morning--hair all askew, no makeup and sporting those worn out pjs and slippers--say to yourself, "I am the crown of creation, God's final touch in creating the world. I am beautiful and I matter." And then believe it.

2 comments:

  1. I simply must read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are. Yes, I am. Yay us! Don't we just rock the world?

    I'm glad you're so enjoying that book and learning more about your infinite worth. You totally deserve it.

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete